CGA Scholarships Getting Bigger & Better
The CGA Scholarship Committee has introduced new, higher value scholarships for family, employees and friends of any CGA member. Let’s encourage more young people to stay in our growing industry. Please encourage your family, friends & employees to apply now for these great scholarships. Your fellow members welcome the opportunity to award these valuable scholarships to deserving folks who will help maintain our great industry.
How to Apply
The application period is February 1 to March 15 of each year. The applicant must be a California resident, provide a 500 word essay about their chosen field of study and meet eligibility requirements (see below).
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Applications for groundwater related scholarships will be accepted from any person pursuing a major course of study in groundwater.
- Applications for general field of study scholarships will be accepted from any person who has a family affiliation with a member of the California Groundwater Association (including employees of business members).
- Applications for a Memorial Scholarship will be accepted from any woman pursuing higher education in a water related field of study or in a general field of study subject to the limitations noted above.
- Applicant must be a California resident and must show proof of current admission or entry acceptance at an educational institution within 6 months of scholarship award.
- Grade point average to enter and retain eligibility shall be that grade point average required by the educational institution in its scholarship program.
- Applicants shall provide a 500 word essay demonstrating their interest in ground water technology or their chosen field of study.
- Applications will be judged by the CGA Scholarship Committee which is appointed by the Board of Directors annually.
- Funds are given to the institution's scholarship fund in the recipient’s name.
- Application, essay, and transcripts must be received at the CGA office by March 15th in order to receive consideration for a scholarship award.
- Letters of recommendation from professor, teacher, employer, etc. are highly valued.
Download application form. Scholarship applications are due by March 15th of each year.
Applications are reviewed and considered for the year that is currently being awarded. Pending eligibility requirements applicants are encouraged to apply for future years consideration.
Scholarship Recipients 2016-2017
Kayla Keating of Ripon received the $2,500 Memorial Scholarship as she pursues a degree in Welding Engineering and Technology from San Joaquin Delta College.
Rebecka Gisler of Elk Grove, was awarded the $1,500 Sheryl Kratz Memorial Scholarship to pursue a career in medicine from Humboldt State University.
Past Scholarship Recipients
Heidi van de Wouw