The California Groundwater Association is the recognized leading authority on groundwater matters at the State Capitol. Legislators and Regulators alike look to CGA to provide expertise on matters affecting the groundwater industry.
Current Position Letters:
Additional Legislative Information/Updates
Adopt a Legislator
Legislators want to hear from the people in their districts. Find out who your representatives are let them know how current issues affect your business.
Click here to find your legislator.
- Pending Legislation — CGA’s Legislative Committee monitors legislation that affects our industry. We work directly with legislators and through our Sacramento lobbyist Pete Conaty & Associates to protect our interests.
- Day at the Capitol — CGA hosts an annual event in Sacramento to bring CGA members and legislators face- to-face to discuss issues affecting the groundwater industry.
- CARB — CGA is working with the California Air Resources Board to lessen the impact of the new rules affecting portable diesel engines as well as on road and off road diesel engines.
- Lead Free — New lead content requirements passed by the legislature in 2006 went into effect on January 1, 2010. Under the new law any pipe fitting or fixture intended to convey or dispense water for human consumption must meet a weighted average lead content of ≤0.25% . Requirements of this law were incorporated into the American National Standard NSF/ANSI Standard 61, Annex G.
- Ground Source Heat Pumps — CGA sponsored legislation to promote ground source heat pumps and helped to develop regulations affecting this new technology.