CGA Scholarships Getting Bigger and Better
The CGA Scholarship Committee has introduced new, higher value scholarships for family, employees, and friends of any CGA member. Let’s encourage more young people to stay in our growing industry. Please encourage your family, friends, and employees to apply now for these great scholarships. Your fellow members welcome the opportunity to award these valuable scholarships to deserving folks who will help maintain our great industry.
How to Apply
The application period is February 1 to May 15 of each year. The applicant must be a California resident, provide a 500-word essay about their chosen field of study, and meet eligibility requirements (see below).
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Applications for groundwater related scholarships will be accepted from any person pursuing a major course of study in groundwater.
- Applications for general field of study scholarships will be accepted from any person who has a family affiliation with a member of the California Groundwater Association (including employees of business members).
- Applications for a Memorial Scholarship will be accepted from any woman pursuing higher education in a water related field of study or in a general field of study subject to the limitations noted above.
- Applicant must be a California resident and must show proof of current admission or entry acceptance at an educational institution within 6 months of scholarship award.
- Grade point average to enter and retain eligibility shall be that grade point average required by the educational institution in its scholarship program.
- Applicants shall provide a 500 word essay demonstrating their interest in ground water technology or their chosen field of study.
- Applications will be judged by the CGA Scholarship Committee which is appointed by the Board of Directors annually.
- Funds are given to the institution's scholarship fund in the recipient’s name.
- Application, essay, and transcripts must be received at the CGA office by March 15th in order to receive consideration for a scholarship award.
- Letters of recommendation from professor, teacher, employer, etc. are highly valued.
Scholarship applications are due by May 15 of each year. Applications are reviewed and considered for the year that is currently being awarded. Pending eligibility requirements, applicants are encouraged to apply for future years consideration.
Past Scholarship Recipients
- Erin Kiser
- Feliza Juarez
- Alec Jobbins
- Rebecca Gisler
- Michelle Buller
- Jessica Taylor
- Dan Hedman
- Katie Guardino
- Scott Soares
- Rogelio Juarez
- Zachary Cipriano
- Ivory Briggs
- Demonstenes Santiago
- Eleanor Ehlert
- Tammy Schwinegruber
- Krista Guardino
- Samuel Moffitt
- Anthony Hughes
- Tyler Judson
- Cassandra Thompson